Extensive schedule of events for all the family including culture, tradition, competition, entertainment, exhibitions and much more each year.
Culture, competition, entertainment, exhibitions and excitement will be the order of the day on Sunday 12th August, on The Butterfield Estate, Blueball, Tullamore, Co Offaly, Ireland, when the multitudes will gather to reap the results of 12 months of planning, organizing and hard work, to deliver the Tullamore Show and FBD National Livestock Show, Irelands Premier Show. Approx 60,000 people visited the show last year and enjoyed the huge programme which is vast and varied. There will certainly be something for everyone. So even if your interests are not vying for that new specially commissioned Gold Medal or the coveted rosette for Ireland’s Champion Hereford, there will be a multitude of choices to attract your interest and ensure that your day will be action packed combined with a unique authentic cultural experience.
The Tullamore Show programme this year has all the regular features and many new additions.
- Over 700 trade stands, covering agriculture, home, garden, fashion, forestry, energy, food, travel, property, health etc.
- The FBD National Livestock Show features dairy, pedigree and commercial cattle and also 13 different breeds of sheep. The much sought after Gold Medal for the champions of each breed in the cattle sections should provide very keen competition, with the entries rolling in. These medals have now become the hallmark of excellence in Irish livestock production.
- The Livestock Show will also include the National Shows for the Simmental and Hereford breeds.
- Full equestrian programme, including the new Farrier classes, horse showing, miniatures, Clydesdales and donkeys.
- Home industries enthusiasts exhibiting their wares - from flowers to photography.
- Sheepdog trials arena
- International Visitor Centre
- Fashion programme:
- Cookery demonstrations with Neven Maguire and Sheila Kelly, Bord Bia food advisor.
- A food fair for Artisan producers.
- All-Ireland Poultry Championships.
- Floral Artist of the Year Competition
- Young Stock-person of the year.
- Many ideas for the Home and Garden.
- Cultural events.
- Artisan Food, Craft & Lifestyle Exhibitions.
- Big Vintage Display of Farm Machinery.
- Financial advice.
- See the Rare Breeds and Pets Corner sections.
- Macra National Finals of the FBD Farm Skills competition.
Safety at Show
We all want to have a successful, enjoyable show but also a safe and accident-free occasion. To ensure this, the co-operation of all is vital, including exhibitors, spectators and organisers.
A few guidelines to note in relation to safety are as follows:
- Please observe signs - especially those relating to caution in livestock areas.
- Ground may be uneven, please exercise caution
- Please do not exhibit animals that are unsuitable with regard to safety e.g. hard to control. - All animals must be led by a competent handler.
- Animals should not be tied to trailers or unsafe items.
- Dogs should be on a lead and under the control of the handler.
- Caution and care should be exercised at all times.