Stay A While
Whilst in the midlands, why not stay a little longer and take in the sights and sounds of the area.
Check out Tullamore and the surrounding area - there's plenty to see and do, below is just a taste of what's on offer during your stay!!
1. Hire some bikes and explore Lough Boora Parklands - a landscape of cutaway bog which has been carefully restored to a wonderful wildlife sanctuary.
2. Take a picnic to Birr Castle & Gardens.
4. Take part in Tullamore Golf Club's Open Days every Monday for an amazing €20.00 per person.
5. Go horse riding at Annaharvey Farm.
6. Take a tour through the haunted Charleville Castle
7. Stroll through Charleville Forest and take in a visit of the castle - viewings of the castle by appointment.
8. For the more adventurous among you, take to the skies with sky diving at the Irish Parachute Club in nearby Clonbullogue.
9. Visit Clonmacnoise, founded by St. Ciaran in the 6th century and the burial ground of Ireland's last High King, Rory O' Connor.
10. Discover the intriguing story of revenge at Belvedere House where the Earl's wife was held prisoner for 31 years.
11. Why not try your hand at clay pigeon shooting at the Midlands National Shooting Centre.
12. Take a tour at the Tullamore DEW Heritage Centre and enjoy a taste of our renowned whiskey, Tullamore DEW.
13. Spend an afternoon shopping and as a guest of the some of the hotels you can enjoy 10% discount in many shops.
Whatever places you decide to visit, ensure to make Tullamore & FBD National Livestock Show your number one attraction.