Cookery & Food
Delicious food hand made for these classes
Head of Section Brenda Kiernan Contact No 086-1718513
You will find the Cookery & Food section in a huge marquee at AIB National Livestock Show, filled with mouthwatering, tempting food.
Once again we are so delighted to have Odlums come on board as our Main Sponsors for the Cookery & Food section.
Odlums aim to nurture and encourage the youth hence they continue to sponsor the All-Ireland Youth Competition, a direct entry competition.
The Youth are the Bakers of the future and this promises to be an exciting opportunity to see what the future of baking has on offer.
All budding bakers, take note!!
Please note for Class 736: Gluten free pasta salad, Roma Gluten free pasta has been discontinued and if unable to purchase the brand, the Kelkin brand of gluten free pasta will be accepted and bag must displayed with exhibit . The Kelkin range is also apart of value foods.
This year we have old and new classes added to the Speciality section, including the
- Three novelty cupcake competitions one in adult, one in teenagers and one in youth kindly sponsored by Bake of O'Connor Square, Tullamore
- Cheesecake kindly sponsored by Fiona Egan of Cloughan Farm & Cookery School, Abbeyshrule
- Centra Everyday Baking Challenge and
- the Chocolate Cottage Construction Challenge
- Qualifier for the Harvest Teatime Tray to Moate Show
- Qualifier for the Christmas Baking Championship to Eyrecourt Show
- This year we have two Novelty Sugarcraft competitions one for the novice sponsored by Vanilla Bean Bakery and one for the more experienced sponsored by Kit Your Kitchen Bridge Centre, Tullamore
- Once again we have the Uniced Rich Fruitcake sponsored by our own O'Donohue's Bakery & Jenny's Kitchen and the Yogurt Loaf sponsored by Glenisk Yoghurt.
It will be an exciting to see what unusual and wonderful creations appear on Show Day!
Have you ever boasted that you make the best fruit scones, or smiled sweetly when a friend announced that that their rhubarb tart is in a class of its own?
Well, why not let the judges decide on your baking skills at the Tullamore Show?
With tasty delights from fruit cakes to queen cakes and chocolate muffins, a mouth watering selection to tempt your taste buds is promised at the cookery and food section, where the expert cooks can be tested throughout the marque and especially at the Odlums All Ireland Home Baking Championships.
With prizes galore and gastronomic exhibits, The Tullamore Show is the place to be for every cookery enthusiast.
Follow us the Tullamore Show Cookery & Food Facebook Page
With over 90 classes in total, there is a class for every type of baker.
Late Entries will be accepted on Show Morning up to 9.30am but the entry fee will be €4.
- Presentation of Novelty Cupcake Competition prize - Sponsored by Kit Your Kitchen
- Presentation of Centra Everyday Baking Challenge prize
- Chocolate Cottage Construction Challenge
- Yogurt Loaf- Sponsored by Glenisk